Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- weighs 18.6 pounds (20th percentile for her age)
- has 7 teeth (and more coming through!)
- is walking and running everywhere
- shy in big groups, but outgoing around family and friends
- is pointing to everything
- is trying to say new words
- is drinking cow's milk and water out of straws like a champ
- knows where her eyes, nose, mouth, and hair are
- holds one finger up when we ask her how old she is
- loves eating cheese toast and yogurt for lunch
- loves her dog and kitty cats
- is obsessed with baby dolls
- loves to snuggle before bedtime
- is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING!
- wears her mommy completely out by the end of the day
- is the light of our lives
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Kimberly's kids know how to cheese it up for the camera. So cute!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Anna Kate will be one tomorrow. Seriously, it is hard to even fathom.
A year ago right now, I was in the worst pain I've ever felt. I was scared because I was being induced five weeks early due to pregnancy induced hypertension. I was laying in a hospital bed and the contractions were hitting me hard. I had such a long sleepless night of labor ahead of me. I remember laying there, watching my blood pressure rise and then suddenly bottom out. I remember panicking every time the monitor lost track of my baby's heart beat. I remember begging Chris to help me, even though I knew there was nothing he could do. It was the most mentally and physically draining night of my life.
The night of pure torture (12 hours and 21 minutes to be exact) turned into a beautiful morning.
At 7:21 a.m. I was handed the most beautiful gift. I held my daughter n my arms for the first time. Through tears, Chris and I thanked God for her safe and healthy arrival after nine months of waiting. From that moment she has been a blessing and joy in my life. She fills my days with smiles, giggles, and yes... challenges. I love her with a love I've never know before. I thank God every single day for the blessing she's been in my life. I never want to forget this last year.
Tonight, after a day of stressful preparations for company and her party, I finally slowed down enough for it to hit me- my little girl is growing up. As I gave her a bath, got her ready for bed, and read her a story, my emotions almost got the best of me. I was not in a hurry to put her to bed tonight. She played and snuggled with me and Chris for about 15 mins. before I put her to bed. It was one of those times that I wished I could freeze. Tomorrow I want to soak in every second with her. I want to enjoy simply "being" with her. Precious moments never to forget...
Stay tuned for all the fun birthday posts!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
WARNING: This post will be LONG! :)
Anna Kate loved playing in the sand!She shared her snack with the seagulls. They kept wanting more!
Later that morning we went to the pool. Again... it was early and in the middle of the week, so we had the pool all to ourselves!