Saturday, April 5, 2008

my fun new blankie

Those of you who read Brittany's blog have already been introduced to the wonderful work of Tobi Weldon and her beautiful business Ivey Handcrafted. I was first introduced to Tobi's work while visiting little Ada at the hospital. She was wearing a precious onesie with her name on it, and I just had to know where Brittany got it.
Well... Anna Kate is quite the little hair twirler. When she gets sleepy she latches on to my hair and sometimes gets upset when I lay her down in her crib and she has to let go. That got me started looking for a little blanket for her that had "hair-like" fringe on it. The only ones I could find looked like they were straight off of a 93 year-old's wing back chair. I was determined to find something cute for my daughter to carry around. Then it hit me... I wondered if Tobi would be interested in helping me. She enthusiastically agreed. All I really told her was that I wanted a small security blanket with Anna Kate's name on it, two sides with fringe, two sides with "taggies." She created something cuter than I ever expected! I could not be happier with her work. She is so talented and such a sweetheart of a person, too! Thank you Tobi for our most favorite blankie ever!





5 comments:

Ivey Handcrafted said...

You have NOOO idea how happy this makes me - this is the reason I am doing what I do. I love seeing a happy little girl with a smile on her face - because of something I made. Thank you for posting this...XOXO

Lisa Ridgely said...

That is such a sweet little blanket! The ivey handcrafted stuff is all really cute! I love the pic of Anna Kate napping with it - so sweet! Hope you guys are doing well! Have a great week!

-brittany- said...

I LOVE IT!

Jessica said...

Adorable!!

Rich Smith Photography said...

hello! brittany's friend heather here! I can't get over how adorable anna kate is, or how amazing that blanket from Tobi is! awesome post and precious baby girl!