Monday, May 11, 2009

So I had this crazy idea... The constant rain we had been having in Chattanooga starting a couple weeks ago made we dream of sunny skies. I am not usually a spontaneous person at all, but I casually mentioned the idea of spending a couple of nights at the beach to my friend Jessica. Knowing that one close friend had just returned from the beach, and another was there, made us even more jealous! We got to talking about it, and decided to start looking for places to stay "if" we decided to go. We even called our friends Brittany and Ashley who had recently enjoyed the beach to see if they were up for a repeat trip. Although they were sadly not able to make it, to our surprise, we found a deal on a three bedroom condo that we could not pass up. On top of a fabulous rate, they were offering us one night free! So a day and a half later with three kids in the back of my car, we were on the road!

We had such a fun trip. It was worth every second of the drive down to sink our toes in the sand, wake up to the sound of the ocean, and soak up a little sun. The kids all did surprisingly well! Anna Kate had not been a huge fan of getting sand stuck on her the last couple times we have gone to the beach, so I was a little worried about how things would go. To my surprise, She followed her buddy Reed out, and did not flinch! They were both covered in sand the whole time, but loved every minute of it! Anna Kate also love being with her friends all the time. The first thing she said when she woke up every morning was "Maa-eee?" "Dee?" (her -ever so cute- version of Molly and Reed).

I took way too many pictures to choose a couple to post, so here is a slide show to enjoy! Believe it or not, Jessica and I were there, although somehow we came back without a single photo of either one of us on the beach.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww, I love it!! I'm ready to go back now! Maybe next time we'll get a picture to prove we were there, too!

Lisa Ridgely said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I love AK's little sun dress. Glad you were able to have some sunshine!

The Davis family said...

Great pictures! I hate having to choose too so the slideshow was perfect. The beach looks gorgeous as usual =)

Ashley said...

I love it!! We really need to plan a trip in the late summer/early fall!

Brooke said...

So glad you guys went. Everyone deserves to get away for a while!